It’s doubtful that you have ever noticed the small font language at the bottom of every California Association of Realtors (CAR) form:
NO REPRESENTATION IS MADE AS TO THE LEGAL VALIDITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY PROVISION IN ANY SPECIFIC TRANSACTION. A REAL ESTATE BROKER IS THE PERSON QUALIFIED TO ADVISE ON REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. IF YOU DESIRE LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE, CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL.
Esquire Real Estate offers both the services of a real estate broker to advise on real estate transactions combined with the service of an attorney to advise on legal matters. Some of the common areas where a real estate broker should defer to the expertise of an attorney include:
· The legal impact of liens or encumbrances against the property.
· The advisability of contractual provisions for liquidated damages, mediation, and arbitration.
· How to hold title to your home or property.
· Any items noted on a preliminary title report.
· The legal impact of removal of contingencies and the earnest money deposit.
· Legal interpretation of any real estate transaction documents, including loan documents.
· The legal results of failing to comply with the terms of the purchase contract or to close escrow in a timely manner.
If you choose Esquire Real Estate to buy or sell your California property, you won’t need to consult (and pay for) another legal professional for your real estate transactions. Choose Esquire Real Estate offering both a real estate attorney and real estate broker in one.